Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Beat The Blues!

Fortunately, I've always been sort of an "UP" person - I'll always be the cheerleader, annoyingly optimistic type. I try not to let things that are happening around me beat me up too much or steal too many moments of my happiness. I truly believe that one of the ways I'm able to stave off the blues in my life is by creating. Whether it's scrapping, beading, blogging or baking - when you are busy and your mind is entertained you just don't have room for sadness or distress. If you are prone to periods of depression - give this cure a shot! And - the added bonus - you have something tangible as a result of your efforts! Pictures below are some of my recent projects, a wedding cake, groom's cake, two necklaces and a couple of quick cards. As you can see, I like to keep busy. Don't say you don't have any talent - everyone does!!! That's all...from Dr. Pam!!!

2 comments:

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

My mouth is watering for your cake right now ;) I espcially want to taste the groom's cake with fruit. Yum!

Thanks much for your expert guidance in beading. I had such fun yesterday and felt a sense of pride and accomplishment for the necklace and earrings I created. You unleashed a monster...I am hooked on beading! I had to make a stop at Michael's last night after my doctor appt to stock up on more crystals. My mext project is the silver leaf necklace. Wish me luck!

You're right. Idle hands are the devil's handiwork. My hobbies are photography, scrapping, making cards, and now beading. I love being busy.

Chere said...

Pam, I could lick the screen. The cakes look like I could stick my finger in the icing and humm. The cards are to die for. How lucky can you get. You can make a necklace to match anything you own. You are the best.