Sunday, June 8, 2008

My Family



I'm pretty crazy about my family. In addition to my mother (NC), I have a younger sister, Sheree (IN) and brother, Jerry (MI). I also have a 1/2 sister, Helen (VA). There are 2 nieces and 3 nephews. My father, who I adored, died in a crash on December 10, 2000. I miss him every minute of every day. Grief, now there's a subject for a long blog some dreary day! The pic at right is Mom, Krista and Me.

I'm the very proud mom of my two adult children. My best girlfriend - hands down, my daughter, Krista. She's had a tough time. About a year and a half ago her husband left her and my little grandchildren. Sadly, they could not work things out and are now divorced. It's been so hard on Krista to be up in the mountains of Western NC by herself with 2 toddlers. (I'm five hours away and mom spends the winters in FL. ) But, she has grown stronger and is now enjoying a happy and positive time in her life (thanks, Zeb). I'm extremely proud of her. Kyla Brooks is now five and just finishing Kindergarten. Braden Alexander is 3 and is...all boy! He will get into Kindergarten just in time to keep his mother from losing her sanity!


My talented son, Matt, lives in Brookfield, IL. He's a musician and teaches guitar. He's patient and really liked and respected by his students. He's in a band...or two. With Matt, everything is always fine - he's laid back and cool! No problems there!

I also have two step children. Catharine is 22 and lives in Jupiter, FL. She's beautiful and fun (looks just like her Daddy)! Michael is 25 and lives in Jacksonville, FL. He's very intelligent, but still searching for his path.

So, that's it for now. You will hear a lot about my family if you read my blogs. They are all special to me!


Catharine

4 comments:

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

I'm glad to see you blogging, Pam. It can be therapeutic as well as informative. It's a great way to keep in touch with your family, especially those that are not living close to you. Your writing is interesting and articulate. Keep up the great work, Pam! I continue to be one of your devoted readers:)

Jamie Payne said...

I'm still so excited that you started a blog! Sometimes I feel like there is so much stuff swimming around in my head, and blogging lets me get it all out. Keep up the great work...I'll be looking for new posts:)

Chere said...

Great blog little skinny butt. I love the blog. The pink is beautiful. Pink is one of my favorite colors. It is a lot of fun to share your life and family with your web family. I love checking everyone blog every morning. Have fun. See you soon.

scrappysue said...

what an awesome family pam.