Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Family Traditions

Two years ago we started our first holiday tradition when we selected our Christmas tree from a farm in Elk Park, NC during Thanksgiving weekend. After choosing the "perfect" tree a staff member cuts it down, wraps it up and puts it in your truck. This has become an anticipated event for us, as well as, my grandchildren. Braden especially likes to think he's cut the tree down himself with his trusty (plastic) hatchet. We look forward to it every year now and hope you enjoy these pictures. Oh...and of course...black Friday Shopping. Now that's really a tradition!

2 comments:

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

I love Kyla's beautiful blonde curls! And what a big boy Braden is becoming. It's good to see you blogging again. I've missed you. Yes, I know we work in the same office and even see each other some weekends and evenings, but I'm glad you're back to blogging. Grandchildren bring a special excitement to Christmas, don't they? I don't know who's having more fun -- the kids or you :)

Chere said...

Hunting for a Christmas tree is a great holiday tradation. One that I miss with my own children. We always had to look at every tree at the farmers market before we could pick one. Your grandchildren are the cutest. Can your smile get any bigger and your more filled with love?