Friday, January 16, 2009

Winter Weather-Brrrr

OK folks...it's 13 degrees here in the Atlanta area. When you are used to not even needing a coat all winter that feels pretty darn chilly. One local school district closed today because of the unusually low temperatures. That cracks me up. Of course, prior to moving to Georgia I lived in the very cold mountains of western North Carolina. Now, there's some winter weather happening and solid (ice) reasons for cancelling classes and everything else. The snowy and icy mountains roads can be treacherous. Prior to that...I grew up and resided in the Chicago area. It was not unusual to have wind chills of 30 below - they rarely cancelled anything! I remember walking to kindergarten with snow drifts on both sides of the sidewalk being over my tiny little head (I wasn't barefoot though!). So, enjoy a free day off and take it when you can get it! Many of us had to brave the cold and trudge in to work today. Of course, I love the opportunity to wear my cozy, soft, warm winter coat. Why, why did I get rid of my fur boots??? Stay warm everyone!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey.. HAPPY Belated BIRTHDAY!!!
The Bloggers down south crack me up! We should be so lucky to have just 13 degrees here! :)
Have a Safe and WARM Weekend!