Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Krista!


Today is my daughter's 33rd birthday. How can she be the same age as me now??? I was only 20 when she was born, but thought I knew everything. I count my blessings every day that everything worked out and that my daughter and son have grown into responsible adults (and never got into any trouble growing up). I will be eternally grateful that Krista and I are so close. Because...yes...there were days when I was tempted to pull every hair on her cute little head out! One of the advantages about growing older is that your children truly become your friends. It's the best! Add in a few grandkids and you have a pretty big bonus! I'm thankful for the lovely woman Krista is and for the fact that she is such a good mother (and now father too). She shoulders the burden of being a single parent with an extremely limited income and does it well. Happy Day Krista!!!

3 comments:

Jamie Payne said...

Happy birthday Krista! I look forward to the day that I can finally meet you!!! I hear so much about you and your beautiful children from your fabulous mom:)

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

I hope you have a wonderful birthday, Krista. Your mom talks about you and the grandkids ALL the time! She loves you so much. You have a beautiful mom - inside and out- which you obviously inherited. I hope your day is everything you want it to be!

Chere said...

Happy Birthday Krista and birth day to Pam. Yes you did have her. Some how that is forgotten in the birth day plan. I am sure that your daughter is as sweet and cute as you. Happy Day to both of you.