Friday, September 5, 2008

One more thing!

There’s a great story about the Peeps chick on the hat (scroll to the pics below). The name for our ladies church group is C.H.I.C.S. (Christian Hearts In Christ’s Service). When the Hats Off to the Ladies brunch idea was presented to me I decided my contribution could be some “hat” treats. Since our logo is a similar chick to the Peeps version I thought putting one on the brim of a hat would be cute. Unfortunately, I couldn’t locate any of the precious little treats to purchase. I contacted Just Born (the company that produces them) looking for a location to procure some chicks. Their consumer relations representative, Lisa, received my e-mail request and immediately responded, sending me two packages along with some other surprise treats. How nice is that!? I was delighted. I’ve always loved the sticky sweet confection and now my grandchildren share my sugar addiction. Of course, you will notice there is only one chick on the hat…what happened to the remainder of the open package you may ask…hmmm….let’s just say they were called to a higher purpose! Thank you Just Born for your excellent assistance!

1 comment:

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

This is such a sweet (yes, the pun IS intended) story! You are so talented. We'll see you tomorrow at Scrap Club ;)